How to automaticaly fulfill a custom field with the current date and time when you change the status of an issue?

Jonathan Neutre January 7, 2014

Hello,

Could you please give me a solution for my problem?

I need that for some specific transitions in the workflow that JIRA to fulfill automaticaly a custom field with date and time when the transition was made. I need someting like the fied "Created", which is automaticaly fulfiled with date and time when an issue is created. I am using JIRA 6.0.

4 answers

1 vote
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2014

using "Update Issue Custom Field" post function from JSU plugin you can save current date and time, check this

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Post-Functions

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

You might be able to do this using a post function on your transition where you copy the value from the updated field into your custom field. The updated field contains the datetime when the issue has been updated the last time (which would be that exact moment).

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2014

Hi Jonathan,

some more information about post functions can be found here :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Advanced+workflow+configuration#Advancedworkflowconfiguration-Postfunctions

But you'll need to add the following plugin for the post functions you need :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

Because you'll need the copy value from other field function.

Best regards,

Peter

Could you please tell me with more details how and where exactly I can edit a post function?

0 votes
Raman Sagar October 17, 2016

Can anyone help me with the same issue for JIRA cloud. I set up a Custom Date Field, I want it to automatically fulfill with the current date whenever the status of an issue is changed.

Thanks

saurabh January 17, 2018
  1. Decide which workflow transition you want this to take effect (perhaps all of them)
  2. Select the transition and open its Post Functions
  3. Click the "Add Post Function" button on the top right of this table
  4. Choose "Update Issue Custom Field" and click Add
  5. From the Issue Custom Field dropdown, select your date field
  6. In the Custom Field Value text area, enter %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% and click Add
  7. Publish your workflow
0 votes

Thank you very much! I will install it and I will try if will work.

Suggest an answer