How to automaticaly create an Issue in Jira when a defect is created/modified in peoplesoft

Kamel Djerrah July 22, 2012

Hi all,

We are using peoplesoft CRM for the defect management since around 10 years but our goal is to encourage(but with no constraint at this step) our colleagues to use Jira for the defect management.

To make the change smooth we are now looking for an easy way to replicate in real time an Issue in JIRA when a defect is created in Peoplesoft. But whe should also create a defect in peoplesoft if an issue is directly created in peoplesoft.

Did someone have a suggestion on how to do the job?

Kam

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

I'm not familiar with Peoplesoft, but I would recommend to look up if it's possible to create a "hook" in Peoplesoft that executes once a defect is created. You can then use the JIRA REST API to create the same ticket in JIRA.

If your company does not have the required time/skill to make this happen, I'm more than happy to find the best expert to help you based on your requirements.

Kamel Djerrah July 22, 2012

Thank you Dennis for your quick answer but in fact my management is looking for an enterprise solution. They are conviced that a professional solution exist and they do not want a DIY solution.

What is your opinion Dennis?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

If you're looking for an enterprise solution, I would definitely choose for an Atlassian Expert, as this is something that will have to be custom built, as this does not exist out of the box. If you need help on finding the best Expert, contact me via dennis@atlassian.com

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2012

If you think your question is answered, please se sure to mark as answered in order to help other people find this solution :)

Suggest an answer