How to automatically set Customer Request Type when Issue is move from an other project?

Hi, after moving an issue from a service desk project to an other service desk project, the request type diplay No Match, so the request is not visible anymore in the portal for the customer, we have to set it manually and it's very anoying.

I'm looking for an automation to update the request type on the moving event, but there is only in create event on the automation tool.

any idea how to do that ?

thanks,

Francois

2 answers

Hi Francois, 

Are you using JIRA server or cloud? If you use JIRA server, you could try to set the customer request type using JJUPIN (add-on) https://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Variable+Resolution#VariableResolution-CustomFields

I have not verified it yet but I guess you should be able to access the customer request type like a "normal" custom field and be able to set it using customfield_xxxxx = "your request type"; //where xxxxx is the id of the customer request type customfield. Can you please give it a try in your testing environment and let us know if it works? 

Good luck :) 

Christoph 

thanks for your answer, but we are using Jira Cloud.

Francois

Francois

you're welcome - better specify Server/cloud to get well fitting answers instantly ;)

Have you tried using https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/cloud/overview?

There could be an action to set the request type (e.g. edit field).

Christoph

P.S.: I am using JIRA server and JJupin for automation so I don't know ;)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

133 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you