• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to automatically log the time taken for a ticket from "In Progress" to "Closed"? Edited

I want to be able to find out for each ticket the time it took from first time it was moved to In Progress to the time it was moved to Closed.

-UPDATE-

Any free or customized options preferred

3 answers

I use rest api to fetch list of tickets in progress . I also fetch their activity log and then in script i determine tima taken from in progress to closed state. I use php for that 

Ismael Jimoh Community Leader May 30, 2020

You can also get an SLA add-on like Time To SLA and use to determine how long it took. Another add-on that could help is Time In Status which tells you how long the issue was in a specific status.

Any free options?

@Mumtaz Ahmad Care to share the script?

Do you use atlassian cloud? or you have internal Jira deployment

Jira Server not Cloud

Hi Ibrahim,

As a free solution, you can try Status Time Free. It a limited but free version of Status Time app. Here is the online demo link of unlimited version, you can see it in action and try. Hope it helps.

Another paid solution for this is to use Enhancer Plugin in which you can define Time Between customfield to get time passed between statuses according to your business calendar.

I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes, there might be other solutions out there.

Hi @Ibrahim Islam 

I suppose I know the solution for you. It is Time Between Status for Jira Server from Atlassian marketplace.

This plugin allows set start/stop/pause statuses for time calculation. Moreover, it lets select details rules for timer like first or last transition to or from statuses.

Also, at the configuration menu, users can timelines and its escalation

Best Regards

Zoryana

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you