How to automatically log the time taken for a ticket from "In Progress" to "Closed"?

Ibrahim Islam May 30, 2020

I want to be able to find out for each ticket the time it took from first time it was moved to In Progress to the time it was moved to Closed.

-UPDATE-

Any free or customized options preferred

3 answers

1 vote
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2020

Another paid solution for this is to use Enhancer Plugin in which you can define Time Between customfield to get time passed between statuses according to your business calendar.

I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes, there might be other solutions out there.

1 vote
Mumtaz Ahmad May 30, 2020

I use rest api to fetch list of tickets in progress . I also fetch their activity log and then in script i determine tima taken from in progress to closed state. I use php for that 

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2020

You can also get an SLA add-on like Time To SLA and use to determine how long it took. Another add-on that could help is Time In Status which tells you how long the issue was in a specific status.

Ibrahim Islam May 31, 2020

Any free options?

Ibrahim Islam May 31, 2020

@Mumtaz Ahmad Care to share the script?

Mumtaz Ahmad June 1, 2020

Do you use atlassian cloud? or you have internal Jira deployment

Ibrahim Islam June 2, 2020

Jira Server not Cloud

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 18, 2020

Hi Ibrahim,

As a free solution, you can try Status Time Free. It a limited but free version of Status Time app. Here is the online demo link of unlimited version, you can see it in action and try. Hope it helps.

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2020

Hi @Ibrahim Islam 

I suppose I know the solution for you. It is Time Between Status for Jira Server from Atlassian marketplace.

This plugin allows set start/stop/pause statuses for time calculation. Moreover, it lets select details rules for timer like first or last transition to or from statuses.

Also, at the configuration menu, users can timelines and its escalation

Best Regards

Zoryana

Suggest an answer