How to automatically fill some fileds when Create a new Issue from Test Execution

Benoit FERRRAND January 20, 2014

I just start "Zephyr for Jira" evaluation with "Try FREE for 30 days". I already use Jira as 'Bug Tracker' since 2 years.

I have two questions about "Zephyr for Jira".

1°) When I Create a new Issue from Test Exceution, I want some fields to be filled automatically :
* Affect Version = Version from "Test Cycle"
* Fix Version = Version from "Test Cycle"
* PLM-Application (custom filed of my Jira Project) = PLM-Application field value from the Test Case Issue.

Is it possible to configure this behavior ?

2°) When I Create a new Issue from Test Exceution, the link between "New Defect (Bug Issue)" and the Test Execution is persist only if I clic SAVE on the Test Execution Screen. I think it's dangerous to don't persist the link automatically. If I well understand released note of new Zephyr for Jira version, this problem is now resolve.

Could you confirm ?

----------------------------------------------

My versions info :
* Jira Version = 5.0.6
* Zephyr for JIRA Version: 1.5.2.874

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014

Hi Benoit,

I can answer your questions.

For the first one you would like some fields to be automatically filled out. It is important to note that a Zephyr Test issue is a standard JIRA issue type. This means, it follows the same rules as any other JIRA issue type such as a Bug or a Task etc. When you first create a Test issue type, you create an issue the same way you create other issues. The reason I am saying this is becuase the fields you want to automatically fill in are in fact JIRA fields or custom fields you have created in JIRA. Not special to Zephyr. You will want to ask Atlassian if it is possible to do this.

As for your issue number 2, this is something that was solved in a later version of Zephyr for JIRA. Since Zephyr for JIRA 1.5 we have released, 1.6, 1.7, 2.0, and 2.1. In the end of March we will be releasing Zephyr for JIRA 2.2. I do suggest that you upgrade to Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 as soon as possible. It is important to note that Zephyr for JIRA 2.1 runs on JIRA versions 5.1-6.1.5 so you will need to upgrade your JIRA as well.

Kind Regards,

Emily

0 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2014

For your first question: We use Zephyr for our test cases but use JIRA Capture to create issues based on what is found while using the Zephyr test cases. Capture allows us to use templates so that when an issue is submitted all of those JIRA fields are automatically filled in for the user submitting the bug. But, doing this, the user does have to go back to the Zephyr test case and manually enter in the Bug issue number.

If you figure out how to do this another way please let me know as we may find it works for us too.

Thank you - JS

Suggest an answer