How to automatically clone an issue on transition?

Sören Kornetzki July 25, 2014

Among others I have two issue types.

• Feature Request
    An customer writes an email which produces a JIRA issue of type "Feature Request". It it basically an story from the customer. Product managers checks this issue type and can either accept or reject the feature request.
  • New Feature
    The assignment from product managers to software developers to integrate an feature. Developers should not be aware of the initial feature request and communication with the customer who requested the feature. This is a clean (cloned) issue based on the initial feature request.

Among others I have a unique workflow for each of the above described issue types.

I would like to configure the workflow for issue type "Feature Request" to automatically clone the feature request into an "New Feature" issue after the product manager have accept the feature request.

How to automatically clone an issue on transition?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2014

You need to add a post function on the transtion to do the create of the new issue. Create on Transition for JIRA has the Create Issue post function which allow you to set or copy fields based on the original issue. Script runner also has a script for a clone post function.

Suggest an answer