How to automate the creation of multiple subtasks within an issuetype?

dimple sharma December 10, 2012

I am creating an Issue type for "Training",which have multiple participants. All participants need to fill feedback after completion of training.These participants have to fill their feedback in "Training-issue type" which is not been closed yet.This issue type will close after getting feedback from all the participants.

So,i m creating multiple subtasks for getting feedback from all the participants.

Is it possible to automate the creation of similar type of subtasks for feedback after defining the number of participants?

I mean if training is organised for 15 participants,then after getting calender invites or schedule for training,15 subtasks get created as feedback for all the participants.Is there any built-in functionality for this in JIRA or we can perform this by creating Plug-in?

In case of plug-in,Is it possible to call that plug-in after clicking on particular transition state?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012
0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

You want the issue to be closed only when all the subtasks are resolved .. right ?

You will need a condition on the transition which closes the issue . the condition will check if all the subtask of this issue is resolved .

The script runner plugin provides this condition ... Have a look at this doc

However this plugin is not available in OnDemand JIRA ...

Suggest an answer