How to automate an email response with ticket reference for new mails sent to helpdesk

Ratko September 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Creating issues and comments from email

We have support@ mailbox which forward mails to JIRA (used as mail handler) and create new tickets from that received mail messages. How to automate an email response with newly assigned JIRA ticket reference to be sent to original sender (like vacation auto-responder). 

1 answer

1 vote
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2016

Check out this add-on or this add-on

Ratko September 19, 2016

Thank you Noam, but for me it is hard to believe JIRA doesn't have basic helpdesk feature as auto-respond/acknowledgement on received mail request.
Will check those plugins for sure.

Like Raphi Levine likes this
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2016

You can configure JIRA mail handler to receive mails but that has limited functionality, check it out here.

Ratko September 19, 2016

Yes, that is set already, only missing thing is this one I've asked about... so after all seems we're forced to pay for plugin for such simple feature supported by almost any free/opensource project management platform I've ever worked/tried smile
Thanks again on your answer.

Suggest an answer