How to auto populate a custom field in create issue screen based on Fix Version selected

Vinay Kumar July 28, 2015

Hi Experts,

I am new to JIRA and JQuery, we have a usecase where we need to auto populate a custom field based on the fix version selected in the create issue screen.

We tried to acheive by writting Java Script in Description field but if there is any change in Issue Type the logic in description field is not working. Hence we tried to acheive the use case on creating a custom plugin, when ever the fix version is changed we need to caliculate and auto populate a custom field.

So to identify the change in fix version we use the below JQuery

jQuery(document).ready(function() {

JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function (e, context) {

if (AJS.$("#create-issue-dialog").length) {

$("#fixVersions-multi-select").change(function(){

.... Login to caliculate and auto poupulate custom field

});

}

});

});

But when we select of Create Option(Create Dialog) is not opening, its unable to identify the Fix version id, we have tried below id's for Fix version but none worked

$("#fixVersions-multi-select")

$("#fixVersions")

$("fixVersions")

$("#fixVersions-textarea")

$("#fixVersions-field")

Can someone please help us by providing the Jquery logic to identify the fixversion change each and every time in create issue dialoge.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 answer

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

Hi,

Here is in the atlassian KB an article to set a field based on another field. Example would help to see the onchange function implementation.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+display+a+Field+based+on+another+Field%27s+selection

I am using $("#fixVersions-multi-select") in my validation with jquery.

Hope it helps.

Vijay

Vinay Kumar July 29, 2015

Hi Vijay, Thanks for providing very useful information. I tried it and it worked.

Suggest an answer