How to auto close tickets in JIRA service desk cloud

Vishal Walter January 23, 2018

Please share the automation procedure to close tickets in JIRA service desk cloud if there is no response for a week.

There seems to be plugin available for JIRA Server and not for cloud.

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Tovbin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2018

Hi Vishal,

Here's what you can do with existing JSD functionality. It's not the most elegant solution, not by a long shot but it works:

1) Create an SLA metric, say 'Issue uptime', and configure it to start whenever your agents post a comment for a customer and end when a customer posts a comment. Alternatively you can configure it to start when your issue enters a corresponding status if your project is configured to change issue statuses on comments.

2) Set a target for this metric to 168h (1 week)

3) Create a workflow transition that leads to your "Closed" status. If needed hide it from users using a corresponding condition and add a post-function to set a resolution.

4) Create an automation rule, which will trigger when the above SLA metric is at risk (30m remaining). Make this rule execute the transition you've created and if needed post a comment and/or send an email to your customer.

Hope this helps

Yousaf June 18, 2018

Hello Ivan,

I would like to get a notification through the automation, just like you described

But I would like to set my SLAs in the following way:

- When no changes are made after a status changed, the SLA timer should start. (e.g 8h)

- But when the status does change, it should not stop. It should just pause.

- The only way to stop an SLA is by closing the ticket.

How can I set an SLA metric that supports Starting AND Stopping the timer when changing from one status to another? 

I tried to put all Statuses from a certain workflow on both, Start and Stop. Obviously that did not work.. 

Maybe you have a solution? Thanks and best Regards

Yousaf June 24, 2018

No solution to this? 

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2018

Hi Vishal,

There is an open Suggestion/Feature Request titled Automation to comment then close a ticket when no response for this behavior.  Please vote on the issue to add impact.

In the comment section there is a workaround that my work for you:

We've implemented this using automation rules and SLAs.

We have three SLAs:

Follow up - 4 days
Follow up - 14 days
Resolve - no response

Each of these start counting time when entered status is waiting for customer, and stop counting time when "Comment: by customer".

The automation then fires when each of those SLAs breaches. For the first two, a comment is added and, for the last one, the issue is transitioned to resolved.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer