How to auto assign ticket to specific user ba

dali tom September 8, 2015

How to auto assign ticket to specific user based on destination field

Hi guys,

My workflow should look like:

1 – User create a ticket

2 – Ticket auto assign to specific users ( Approvers ) based on option in destination field

3 -  Approvers approve the ticket … and so on

I am not sure how to set auto assign.

Please help

2 answers

0 votes
Nick September 10, 2015

We have implemented something similar using plugins.

We added custom fields "Approval Required By" which contains users that need to approve a ticket and "Approved By" which is a list of users that have approved the ticket so far.

We added a transition "Approve" to the workflow with a post function which removes the current user (approver) from the "Approval Required By" and adds it to the "Approved By" field. When the "Approval Required By" is empty the ticket is approved (a transition condition then allows other transitions to be made on the ticket).

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

You are looking at the ability of a JIRA Workflow called "post-function" and a few add-ons depending how customize do you want to get. I suggest taking a look at JIRA Misc Workflow Plugin and the JIRA ScriptRunner. You can add a post-function to "Update Assignee" on a particular transition or any condition that you like. Give it a test drive.

Suggest an answer