How to authenticate outgoing mails in JIRA via logged-in user's id?

Hardik Parekh September 22, 2014

Hi support,

In JIRA's Outgoing mail server Is it possible to authenticate outgoing mails via logged-in user's Mail ID.

Please refer attached screen shot.

P.I - I am using JIRA 6.3.4

Awaiting for your positive Reply!

Regards,

Hardik Parekhjira-capture-screenshot-20140910-165413-907.png 

3 answers

0 votes
Hardik Parekh October 2, 2014

Hi Nic,
I think I found what I was looking for but now I stuck in very serious issue. Can you please help me for that? 

download (11).png

Issue :
 As we have many project in JIRA. after configuring this ${fullname} all of the mails notification from any project are landing up under 1 notification.
Please refer below attached snapshot.
download (13).png

P.I : I was looking for notification should came as username which I achieved by putting ${fullname} but after that I stuck in this sad

Help!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Hardik 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2014

I'm sorry, I can't see enough detail here to understand the problem. I can see a comment and a mention that relate back to Jira issues, but nothing actually wrong (although there is missing stuff like the email to and from adresses, and their display names in gmail, and so-on)

Like Rafiq Raj likes this
0 votes
Hardik Parekh September 22, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thanks for quick reply!

So Does it possible if it reflects logged-in user's mail id in from address instead of configured mail id(jira@addteq.com) ?  no need to authenticate via logged-in user's id. 

Thanks & Regards,

Hardik

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2014

Depends on the mail server - does it let you send email from any account without a username and password?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2014

No, it can't do that.  Because it does not have the user's passwords, even if you could guarantee that the users password on the mail server is the same as their login password.  (I certainly have different passwords)

Suggest an answer