How to attach Parent Custom field to linked issue

David Capelle October 19, 2017

I have a query to retrieve all issues and their linked issues.

project in (MyProject) OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = MyProject")

The User Stories in MyProject have 2 Custom fields, CF1 and CF2, with the above query I get all linked issues, but I have no way to make them reflect the CF1 or CF2.

Also it's not an option to add CF1 and CF2 to the linked issues as they come from many different projects.

The problem I am trying to solve is to make the linked issues show the CF1 and CF2 fields, like a join in sql, but sql for jira is not available. Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2017

project in (MyProject) OR issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = MyProject")

The first part of your query will inherently bring all the issues from the project.
So what are you trying to refine down? and reflect with custom fields. 

Custom fields are searchable fields, so you should be able to add them in the query like

(existing query) ... AND Cf1 is not EMPTY AND Cf2 is not EMPTY

David Capelle November 6, 2017

Hi Tayyab,

I am trying to linked those linked issues back to the custom fields of the parent issue.

So Linked Issue LI-1 can show CF1 or CF2 from parent issue

Thanks

Suggest an answer