How to associate predefined list for a field based on previous field selection

Soo Min Ooi August 4, 2014

I have "Component" and custom field called "Sub-Component", I would like to trigger the sub-component selection list based on component selected, is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

You could use a custom field of type "cascading select".

Soo Min Ooi August 4, 2014

Hi,

The custome field of cascading select consists of 2 fields, however I can only name one of the field, does it mean that I can only perform search or query on the parent field?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 4, 2014

You can search for the second part only as well

yourcascadefield =<the_second_term>

Soo Min Ooi August 5, 2014

Can we have default assignee to this custom field? SO that when user select an area and hit submit, it can assign to the right people

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2014

The cascading select field does not have this feature as the component/s field does.

Suggest an answer