How to associate Issue Type to Screen?

Tudor Hofnar October 18, 2012

Not sure if this is possible or how to do it. I would like to attribute a certain Screen to a certain Issue Type in JIRA. For example say I have these Issue Types:

- Bug

- Enhancement

- QA Task

Now I want a different screen for each of those Issue Types because Enhancement requires some fields that Bug doesn't have and doesn't need some that Bug has and vice versa....

Is this possible? So far I have only been able to associate a Screen with a Project rather than an Issue Type.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

Yes, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

In short, you can have different screens for

- Different operations - View/Create/Edit

- Different issuetypes

- Different Projects

Yep it seems to work. Just to make sure I have this down...I create a screen (under Issues -> Screens) and then I associate it under Issues -> Issue Type Screen Schemes. Right?

If that's the proper way its perfect! Thanks!

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

yup. That's right.

Thank You! I will give it a try now!

thank you!!!

0 votes
Jeison
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2012

Hi Tudor,

You have to create an "issue type screen scheme". Piece of cake.

Just follow this documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Screen+and+Issue+Operation+Mappings+with+an+Issue+Type

Hope it helps.

Yep it seems to work. Just to make sure I have this down...I create a screen (under Issues -> Screens) and then I associate it under Issues -> Issue Type Screen Schemes. Right?

If that's the proper way its perfect! Thanks!

Suggest an answer