How to assign users to a project in bulk in Jira 4.4.5

Harish September 20, 2012

Hi team,

Please let me know how to assign users to a project in bulk, instead of adding ech user to a project or Going through the 'Project Roles' and assigning project roles to a user.

Thanks,

Harish

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012

Recommend using roles and adding users to groups and then adding groups to roles. If you want to automate, then JCLI has actions for adding roles and adding users to groups - see https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI

Harish September 20, 2012

HI Bob Swift,

Thanks for the reply.

We have Project roles created already and the users are added to the project roles.

Now that when we create a new project , the users are not assigned to the new project.

as they are not given any role for the new project. We do not have groups created because the groups and project roles where confusing us.

The option of using the JCLI is good. I have downloaded the

JIRA Command Line Interface

v. 2.6.0 for JIRA 4.3 - 5.1
Please let me know how should i install this ( or should i have to just copy paste this in the jira installation directory) and how should i run the commands form this.
Also do i have to unzip the jira installation directory and then zip again. i am not sure of this process.
Thanks,Harish.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2012
You install it on a client pc or system and run commands from there - see https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/JIRA+Command+Line+Interface#JIRACommandLineInterface-Installation
Harish September 23, 2012

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the response. I have tried and its working with no much complexity of adding any plugins.

Thanks again,

harish.

Suggest an answer