How to assign to a project role using a post function?

Hi- I'm currently trying to script a post-function to assign an issue to a member of a role, but I'm not sure of the best way to go about this. Is this something that can be done easily with Script Runner?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hey Mathew,

Please have a look at JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions: https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/Post-functions

It's paid add-on from version 2.5.7. Surely you may do it via scripted post-function using Jamie's answer from thread:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/13140/how-to-list-all-members-of-a-certain-project-role

Then get user from role in issues project, and assigning him/her to issue.

Regards,
Adam

2 votes

There is an "Assign to role member" built-in script in the plugin since a few months ago... did you try to use that?

Great feature. Helped me a lot

0 vote
Mizan Community Champion Dec 04, 2013

There can be multiple users in a project role and issue can be assigned to a single user .You can notify a project role on issue events .

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

119 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you