How to assign to a GROUP with custom field enabled?

Robert Anthony July 23, 2015

I'm a bit stuck on how to properly use the Group Picker (Single Group) custom field through transitions. I have the Custom field created, and have it attached on the proper screen that is on the proper scheme. On the transition that is supposed assign it to the group, I am adding a post function on the create transition "Update Issue Custom Field" as the exact group name. When I create the issue nothing happens. No changes happen. The field is there (not visible, because it's empty), but I've verified it's there on the screens and scheme. This custom field is a little confusing. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

Robert,

It's pretty hard to do diagnosis remotely. I suggest you to add default value to the field and check if it appears in newly created issues. Then (when you can see it filled with default value), you can check for reason of not working functions.

Robert Anthony July 24, 2015

I'm not looking for a diagnosis as much as I'm looking for someone to explain how to correctly configure this field. No offense, but when you "answer" a question like this all you do is make it so others assume the question has been answered and not look at it.

Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2015

I tried to set this (group picker) field in my JIRA 6.4.7 and it worked fine (used jira-users as group name). Reasons can be as below: 1. Field is not configured for given project or issue type 2. Field is hidden in field configuration 3. Post function is called in wrong order (after/before creating issue) Actually easiest way to check all it things is to add default value or add field to create issue screen. If you can see the field, just change post function order in workflow transition

Robert Anthony July 24, 2015

Thank you!

Suggest an answer