How to assign test execution using Zephyr

aioria guo June 18, 2015

Hello, experts, there is an urgent case In our team, we are using Zephyr with JIRA right now, but the testers find there is no way to assign test execution to any specific tester, my question is whether or how we can assign test execution to tester. 

I am aware there is a enterprise edition for Zephyr and has some advanced features, is "test execution assign" included? 

Look forward to your quick response, we need the information to make next step decision.

2 answers

0 votes
Vinod Thomas August 7, 2015

In relation to this I have a question

• While creating a test item - what status do we move it into after review. I suggested finished, however there have been suggestions also to move it into test and once tested ok to move to finish. In my opinion the test case being designed ok is one thing and it executing fine or not is another.
  • Is there a way of scheduling the test on a specific date without using test cycles each day?

0 votes
Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2015

This is where Test Cycles come in. JIRA issues with a type of 'Test" don't get assigned to a person. A Test Cycle is created, Tests are added to that Test Cycle, and then you assign someone that Test Cycle for the code/project release you are working on.

If you assigned someone the re-usable Test, then that Test would also be assigned to that person in any other Test Cycle it was included in. We have one specific Test in multiple Test Cycles at one time with the goal of re-using as many Tests as possible.

Sirisha Alla November 29, 2015

I have created a test cycle but could not see "assign executions" option in the tools while selecting the tests in the test cycle. Is this option only available from Zephyr 2.6 because I am using Zephyr 2.5.4

Christopher Quidlat October 27, 2016

I have the same issue as Sirisha as well - I cannot see this "Assign " option for the cycle. The drop down has everything - clone, move, delete, etc - but this option. We have followed the permissions verification checklist below to ensure that the user attempting this has the entitlements to do so.

What is the problem?  I've scoured the forums for this but have yet to find anything.on it.

Please confirm if the issuetype Test is configured to the project in which user is working by going to the "Issue type Scheme" page.
Check the below permissions are assigned respectively. Missing any one of them may lead to unknown issues.

1. Below Addon User Exists:
    => Navigate to Administration —> User Management and check for the user "addon_com.thed.zephyr.cloud"
  2. Group membership for Addon User: The User addon_com.thed.zephyr.cloud should be a member of all the below groups.
    => atlassian-addons or atlassian-addons-admin
    => jira-users
  3. Global Permission : The group "atlassian-addons-admin" has JIRA Administrators permission
    => Navigate to Administration -> System -> Security -> Global Permissions
    => Under permissions JIRA Administrators contains atlassian-addons-admin as a group
  4. Project Role assigned for the Addon user "addon_com.thed.zephyr.cloud":
    => Navigate to Administration —> System -> Security -> Roles
    => Check the role atlassian-addons-project-access Cantains the User - addon_com.thed.zephyr.cloud as a member
  5. Project Permission : Add the role to all permissions
    => Navigate to Administration -> Projects -> <Select any Project> -> Administration -> Permissions

=> Add the role "atlassian-addons-project-access" to all project Permissions

Suggest an answer