How to assign roles in Jira

Yasmine Rifai December 19, 2013

Hello, I asked this question earlier concerning the roles in Jira, how can I assign them to its corresponding. For example after doing the workflow and including all the steps. How can I assign each step to its corresponding role. The ones for QA should be for QA , the ones for dev should show in the dev assigned to the issue, and so on. I dont know how to do this, I got an answer for the earlier question that for each transition i can specify an assignee ou can present a assignee field so the transitioner can then assign it to the respective member whom he wants to assign the issue to. But I couldnt find the assignee field, So If anyone can help with that.

Thanks,

Yasmine

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 19, 2013

Let's start with this bit:

> How can I assign each step to its corresponding role.

This does not make sense in Jira terms. A step in a a Jira workflow is where an issue is in the process. It doesn't have a role.

I think your previous question and answer might be helpful to read, but it does sound correct. An ISSUE has an assignee field (note - NOT the status or step, but the issue). You can use this in the workflow to allow or prevent people from performing transtions that change the status.

If you're not seeing the assignee field on transitions, then you need to check that it is included in the transition's screen, and that you have the "assign issue" permission in the project

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2013

As @Rahul mentioned in his answer you would need to add a screen to the transitions including the assignee field. I hope the links can give you some help. If not let us know.

Suggest an answer