How to assign permission to non administrator user to view and edit custom fields?

Rishi Kumar September 24, 2017

I am a jira administrator and created a custom field. The other users are not able to see this custom field on screens but I am able to see. I believe I need to give permissions to other user so that the custom field can be accessed by them. Please help and let me know how I can give other users permission.

1 answer

1 vote
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

Check if the default custom field context includes the the project and issue type in which user is creating an issue. You can check this in Issues >> Custom Fields >>Configure

Other possibility is that the field is enabled in Field configuration scheme used by the project.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

If you're having further issues after trying what Suhas mentioned, I would also check the "Configure Fields" menu on the Create/Edit screens for issues. In that menu, users can choose to hide/remove fields - sometimes, my users do this and I end up spending a lot of time trying to troubleshoot a problem that doesn't really exist. :)

Here's a screenshot of where that menu is.

configure_fields_menu.png

Suggest an answer