How to assign on create based on a field value?

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Since no conditions exist on the Create step, how can I set the assignment value based on a screen field value? I was trying to avoid having to have two different issue types and workflows; nor, do I want them to have to save and then add another step to just submit, because most of the time, they forget to submit. However, because the next transition has conditions, it is an option.

My use case is if the ssue is for a client that is not live, I need to assign them to a member of our implementation team; if the client is live, then I need to assign them to a member of our support team.

Does anyone know how this can be done as it seems like it would be a common use case.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2012

Unfortuantely, that's not possible without customizations and customizations are not an option in onDemand!

K Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2012

Since we are most likely migrating off of OnDemand for these types of issues, is there a plugin or customization that would allow us to do this?

Suggest an answer