How to assign issues to role project or groupe in jira core

Khaled_Sebti August 21, 2019

Hello ,

i want to assign issues to role project or groupe in jira core atfer executing a transition.

thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

Issues can only be assigned to individual users

Khaled_Sebti August 21, 2019

so there will be no other solutions ?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2019

I'm not aware of any plugin that allows that. The best you can do is create a dummy user, that can't logon, with an email pointed to a distribution list. Then when you assign the issue to that user everyone on the distribution list will get an emaile.

However, From personal experience and from others in the forum, issued not assigned to a real user don't get worked. They don't appear in the 'assigned to me filter' 

Like Khaled_Sebti likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2019

And there's also an argument (and this is one of the reasons I hear Jira was written, because multiple assignees does not work in real life) that when you have more than one person assigned, you get into "I thought someone else was doing it".

I've yet to see any place that has multiple assignees that has not had that argument, or work that "slips down the cracks" (usually both)

I usually recommend recognising that the assignee should be the one person currently responsible for the issue, then add a group picker, or multi-user picker for "other people to talk to"

Like Khaled_Sebti likes this
Khaled_Sebti August 22, 2019

i want to assign an issue to specific group , then any member of group can do a self assign . it's possible ?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2019

@Khaled_Sebti No, JIRA only allow assigning to an individual user. As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and I said it isn't possible and issues fall through the cracks and aren't worked. The work around of a dummy user I mentioned is the only option I'm aware of. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer