How to assign issue in the new issue view

Bin Mao August 31, 2018

We are using JIRA Core. After the new issue view was implemented, all bottoms below the issue title was removed. I could not assign issue. There is no bottom to click and the "assignee" is greyed out. If I manually switch to the old view by clicking "See the old view", everything is back to normal, including assigning issue to user. 

2 answers

1 vote
Bin Mao September 4, 2018

Problem solved after contacting JIRA support. Quote the response from JIRA support:

"By further investigating this, I was able to understand what's happening: it's not possible to change the assignee when viewing the issues because this field is not available in the Edit screen used in that project, thus it's not possible to do inline edits to change its value. I was able to reproduce the same behaviour in my test instance.
Since you're not an admin of the instance, you won't be able to do the changes necessary to fix this. Please, contact an admin and ask the user to:
• Go to Jira settings > Projects > MyProject > Project Settings > Screens.
• Click on the screen used for the Edit action.
• Add the "Assignee" field to this screen.
• Do the same thing for the all the projects where this is happening.
I believe that you should have no trouble to change the assignee after this!"

Mégane LE PALUD September 11, 2019

I had the same problem and it solves it! Thank's. 

0 votes
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2018

Bin, 

Typically screenshots are helpful so we can see what you are experiencing. I know the new issue view can be kind of a pain. Have you tried clicking on the assignee button? When I hover over mine, it's greyed out as well, but it is clickable. Are you experiencing something different? If so, please attach a screenshot so we can understand what is happening and try to help!

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 3.14.23 PM.png

Bin Mao August 31, 2018

Thanks. In the screen you just shown, everything is clickable when mouse over except the "assignee". That's why I have to switch back to old view when assigning issues. Does that make sense?

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2018

Can you assign issues in the old view? 

If so, please raise a ticket with Atlassian to see if they can help.

Bin Mao August 31, 2018

Yes, I can assign issue in the old view.

Thanks, I'll contact Atlassian.

Suggest an answer