How to assign a value to behalf of to current user

vasantha June 9, 2015

4 answers

0 votes
vasantha June 10, 2015

I have tested in that way also by  adding the current user in issue created event , but i want only the current user get notify not the reporter(behalf of person) , even if i take  out the reporter from in issue created event still sending the notification to reporter, that i did not get it .

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, Vasantha.

This is only about notification?

Once thing you can do is to add the 'current user' to the 'Issue Created' event. That way, you should be notified when you create an issue, even if you're not the reporter. You should test it first, though.

You can read more about notification schemes here.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
vasantha June 9, 2015

While I am creating an issue behalf of some one else i would want to get notification myself (submitter) and want to see the reporter name is  behalf of person name  in issue details view , some how i couldn't see  this with the   JIRA built in functionality , so i was trying to  add custom field and assign a value to get notification .

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, Vasantha.

Sorry, this is not clear. What kind of value would you like to set on behalf of the current user? Is that in an issue? When creating it, editing it or transitioning?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer