How to assign a ticket to a user based on the priority of the ticket in JIRA?

Rakesh Sankar July 3, 2014

I have a requirement on a project that a ticket which is a Blocker should be assigned to ABC user, ticket which is a Major should be assigned to DEF user, so on.

Has anyone implemented a worfklow in JIRA which does something like this? I know you can design a workflow which can assign a ticket to the user based on the type of the ticket but based on the priority can you assign a ticket to a user? Please help.

Courtesy: this link.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2014

Update on Transition for JIRA allows you to condition the running of a post function so you can construct an Update issues post function for each priority you want to handle. You can do this on initial create (How to update issues after initial issue create) or at some other point in your workflow.

Nan Jayaram July 9, 2014

This is a good option, I will look into this.

0 votes
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 4, 2014
Hi, You can do that with script runner plugin. Write a post function something like in answer below. https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/140304/groovy-post-script-to-assign-a-user-based-on-a-customfield Hope it helps Vijay
Nan Jayaram July 9, 2014

I was expecting to see an easy answer, hmm, do we have an easy answer? :D

Suggest an answer