How to assign a project to a project category?

How to assign a project to a project category?

3 answers

0 votes

Go to the project header and click on the category at the top of the page (you have to be an admin to do this)

Some projects do not show categories in the header.

How do I change that?

Thank you

Sorry, the ADMIN header - that always displays Category: Value (value being "none" when it's not set)

I can create a project and I can create a project category.  I would love to have someone guide me in linking a project to a project category. 

Below screenshot shows all the option available in my JIRA instance for Project categories.  I also looked at the project settings but did see anything there either.JIRA_Project_Category_081018.jpg

Go to the project you want to put in a category and edit the settings for it (the summary settings)

Thank you for the quick response, but I don't see the summary settings.  Is this something done at system's global level?JIRA_Project_settings1_081018.jpgJIRA_Project_settings2_081018.jpg

No, that's the right place.  But you don't have Jira admin rights, so you can't change the category.

Thanks again!

Perfect

Thank you

I have full JIRA admin rights and still can't associate a category with two projects. Any ideas?

What type of project is it?

Software project - setup the same way we've created our other projects.

Ok, I asked because I have a feeling the new "agilty" projects don't have categories.  A Software project will have it, so either you don't have the rights to edit the category, or it's been disabled somehow.

I have a similar issue.  I have admin rights.  I created the categories but can't associate the projects to the categories.

What do you get when you edit the project details?

There are sprint boards in the new software projects - perhaps this is the issue?

I get the same three fields as apatel does.

just sounds like a lack of admin rights.

I have full admin privileges. 

That is correct Adam Malamis. When I deleted the sprint board and recreated a project as a Project I can see the options to select a category.  JIRA_Project_Category_082918.jpg

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

34 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you