How to assign Field Configuration & Screen scheme to the JIRA Project in JIRA 5.2?

Jayant Bhoge October 28, 2014

I have a project created with default Issue Type Scheme, filed configuration & screen scheme. Now I want to make some changes in issue type scheme by making a copy of default one and want to create seperate field configuration & screen scheme from default ones.

I have created seperate copies but UNABLE to assign it to current Project

Please advice how to do this?

5 answers

2 votes
Edgars Vincans January 9, 2020

Hello Everyone.

All You need to do is:

1. Go to "Fields Configurations"
    • Copy or Add a Field Configuration
  2. Proceed to "Field Configuration Schemes"
    • Add Field Configuration Scheme
    • Name it
    • Edit your freshly created scheme
    • From a dropdown locate your previously copied/created field configuration
    • Smash the "Update" button
  3. Project Settings -> Fields -> Actions -> Use Different Scheme

Done.

Aditi Jain January 30, 2020

Dear Edgar,

The steps provided by you will change the scheme for all the issue types which we do not want here. The expectation is to have different field configuration set for different issue types.

Thanks.

Jyoti Verma March 23, 2020

Thanks Edgar

It helped me while I was looking out for options.

Regards

Yurii Kachaiev April 9, 2021

@Edgars Vincans thank you!

2 votes
Alexander S. December 12, 2018

Why something as simple as assigning a different scheme is such a pain in the neck with JIRA? Is it because otherwise Atlassian would not be able to cost exorbitant amounts for trainings?

I've been struggling with this for couple of hours now scouring the Internet for answers only to find tons of similarly confused users...

Daniel Everland December 20, 2018

I'm in the same boat. I have 4 issue types, all I want is to assign different fields to them. I've been sitting here for hours, literally screaming into my hands a couple of times out of frustration.

What the fuck, Atlassian?

Like # people like this
Jillian Leveau Valino March 14, 2019

Having the same issue, I've been feeling utterly stupid for the last three hours now because I cannot for the life of me understand why I'm struggling with this! It feels like this should be the easiest thing to change..

Like Michael Anderson likes this
1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2014

Go to your project > Administration >Click on the scheme you want to replace >Action > use a different scheme

That's it.

0 votes
Jayant Bhoge November 19, 2014

I have created Issue Type Scheme for my project but the filed configuration & screen is still poinitng to default one. I have created fields configuration & screen for this project but unable to assign it to the Issue Type Scheme.

Can anyone please advise?

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2014

Sorry, for the late reply. Have you created an Issue Type Screen Scheme? There you can associate an Issue Type to a Screen Scheme (also to be created). Then use this Issue Type Screen Scheme in your project. Same for Field Configuration: create a Field Configuration Scheme there you can associate Field Configurations to Issue Types. Then use this Field Configuration Scheme in your Project

0 votes
Jayant Bhoge October 31, 2014

I was able to change Issue Type Scheme but unable to change it's Filed Configuration & Screen Scheme.

Suggest an answer