How to assign CurrentUser to customfield in JIRA Automation Plugin?

Jakub Wasiak July 9, 2015

Hi,

i would like to write a rule which will be set customfield to value of "CurrentUser" after IssueCommented Event. (something like this -> customfield_10604=CurrentUser)

How can i make this because this return an error?

Best Regard, Jakub

5 answers

1 vote
Matej K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2015

How about using $authcontext.loggedInUser.name ? Won't that work? It should expand all things in standard velocity context, see https://developer.atlassian.com/jiradev/jira-architecture/web-fragments/velocity-contexts

0 votes
ZZ Chen July 21, 2015

Hi MateJ,

We think it'd be useful if the ability to set the the currentUser() or the event author to a custom field is supported. Is it something going to be supported in the near future? 

Best regards.

0 votes
Jakub Wasiak July 13, 2015

Hi Matej,

thanks for your response.

It doesn`t work.

Is it even possible to set dynamic variable in JIRA Automation Plugin rule?

jira.JPG

Matej K
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2015

You're right, I've checked the code and it doesn't provide the full Velocity context, only very limited subset - issue info (like key, summary etc) and customfield values. Due to that it's currently not possible however with a little bit of coding skills you can extend the EditIssueAction and implement this.

Jakub Wasiak July 13, 2015

Ok I understand. Thank you for your help.

0 votes
Jakub Wasiak July 10, 2015

Hi, thanks for your response.

but what about "Work Logged on Issue" event? I would like to create rule in JIRA Automation Plugin when somebody "Work Log on Issue" and then rule will set customfield to value="CurrentUser".

I won`t using postfunction in workflows.

0 votes
Ugur GUNGOR July 10, 2015

You can write post function, after issue commented  you have to set customfield value to current user, you may look customfield and usermanager classes.

Suggest an answer