How to ask a question

how to ask a question

8 answers

1 accepted

16 votes

It's good to actually ask a question - a good indicator in English is a question mark

But http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html is one good essay on how to ask questions well (i.e. in a way that gets you a useful answer)

Now, that also answers "how to answer a question" ;)

Well, um, "how to answer a question" is not a question. Even if you add a question mark, it's still only correct grammar if it's the title for a document. I think most of us just assume the meaning is "How do I answer a question?" so we can get on and answer it :-)

2 votes
Mizan Community Champion Oct 23, 2013

By providing more details of your issue .

where you need to ask a question?

You already asked a question. So you know how to do it.

How to manage multiple level requirements in RMsis? As i understand up to now, we can not, for example if we want to manage both stakeholder requirements and system requirements, we can not establish traceability between them. Besides, we can only make baseline for one level of requirements (either system or stakeholder for example). RMsis documentation states that, requirement is only leaf level that means we can manage only one level of requirements. If i am wrong, how can we use RMsis for managing multiple level requirements such as stakeholder reqs, system reqs, software reqs, etc. Or what can you suggest me?

Thanks

Wrong place, try asking a full new question.

I question your question in my answer in Answers.

@admin admin How can I ask a question?  I have a question regarding JRA-7159.  I would like to know if this or how this case can be fixed.  I have a situation where I am being forced by the Jira system to input a Resolution even though I have un-selected Resolution as a field.  

0 vote

Wrong place, try asking a full new question.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,305 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot