How to apply a new notification scheme

Mette Bentzen August 10, 2016

I haven't been able to find any information on how to change the notifications for a single user - how to turn default OFF and choose another scheme instead of default. How is this done?

(I know where and how to create a new notification scheme. However, I do not know how to apply the new notification scheme for a single user). 

3 answers

0 votes
Mette Bentzen August 10, 2016

That seems like a good reason for not being able to find it:) Thanks! 

So the way to go is to create user groups for each person in question and then use the default scheme? 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

Yes, thats the approach to create groups and add persons in that group. Generally adding individual users to notification scheme is discouraged as that user might leave the job and his username would be inactive thus it's always better to have groups in notification scheme.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

Notification schemes apply to projects, not users.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2016

Currently, there is no way in JIRA for customization of notification scheme for a single User.

Suggest an answer