How to alter custom text on a Screen?

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Can't seem to figure this one out, gang...thanks in advance, friends!

I've got a very custom workflow. On some of the screens, I get a nice caption (echoes the transition's description on the workflow). See the blue banner below, to the right of the 'i' glyph.

But, most of my screens do not yield any banner. Why? How can I force the screens to inherit the text language I have associated with a transition? And why does it only display on some transitions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Those messages comes from the workflow properties for those transitions. Read this, @Jobin has spend some time writing up the details there - https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/111019/how-can-i-control-the-text-that-appears-at-the-top-of-some-workflow-transition-screens

@Bhushan, one correction, the message custom fields does not appear in Transition screens. It's only for Create and Edit screens, AFAIK.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Thanks @renjith

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

I'll look further into the @Jobin writeup, but with my on-demand JIRA product, I don't think I'll have access to those resources......

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

Hi palexand,

It looks like you are using message custom field provided by the jira toolkit plugin.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.toolkit

You need to go to your screen schemes and add the custom field you want to display to the screen. Let me know if you need help with screen schemes and adding fields to screens.

Suggest an answer