How to allow users to import more than 250 issues via CSV?

Manish Pathak January 2, 2018

Currently I am unable to import issues more than 250 using Issues -> Import issues from CSV (enabled for all users), when I went through existing queries found one more way to import from Advanced Settings -> External system Import and was successful in importing all issues. Looks like External System Import is enabled only for Administrator users and not for all users, can you let me know how to enable External System Import option for all users?

Also I found that jira.bulk.create.max.issues.per.import key is used to set the maximum limit to import via CSV to the users. Let me know if setting this key will allow all users to import issues more than 250 from Issues -> Import from CSV or not. If yes, currently this Key configuration is not available in System -> Advanced Settings, kindly let me know how to set this Key configuration.

1 answer

1 accepted

11 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

Hi Manish,

• Are you using Cloud or Server?

In Server you should see the option when you go to Server Administration > Advanced Settings:

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 10.51.12 AM.png

If you are on Cloud you will not see this option and you will need to use the External System import to bypass the 250 issue limit.  In light of that you need to log in to your Jira Cloud site as a Jira administrator to start the import in that manner. 

That being said, in order to use the External System Importer a user would need to be made an Administrator per Managing global permissions and Creating issues using the CSV importer:

Use the CSV importer to bulk create or update issues. If you need to do any of the following, you'll need to be a system admin and use Importing issues instead:

• create subtasks
  • import attachments
  • add new fields
  • import to multiple projects

Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Cheers,

Branden

Rahul Ingle November 26, 2018

@somethingblue its usedfull

Like Grant likes this
virgiligarcia November 16, 2021

@somethingblue the link 'Importing issues' is broken! :(

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-17 a las 4.01.49.png

Alexandre November 28, 2023

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-1422

Hello atlassian, where is the prioritization of this ticket?

I see that the person responsible for this ticket is deactivated, that is, he no longer works at Atlassian and this very important request has been orphaned.

@atlassian

Suggest an answer