How to allow a set of users modify some fields in a ticket, but not others?

Jim Knoke April 28, 2014

I want to allow some users to read/view all fields in a ticket, but only be able to modify some of those fields. And some of the fields will be custom. A brief look at the documentation leads me to believe that this level of granularity of access control is not available out-of-the-box. I guess what I would want is for each field to have attributes like "roles allowed to read" and "roles allowed to modify" (or conversely some additional attributes on a role). Can what I want be easily done with some custom code? Other suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2014

Wow, third time today this has appeared. (Sorry if that sounds sarcastic - if it does, then it's aimed at Answer's Search and lack of FAQ functions, not the questioners)

See https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/288838/restricted-edit-access-to-custom-fields-in-jira

Jim Knoke April 29, 2014

Thanks Nic. Will Quisapps work on any field or only custom fields?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2014

From memory, it works on *most* of the system fields (I'm 99% sure it works for reporter, assignee, due date, but I'm less sure about the rest)

Jim Knoke May 4, 2014

From Quisapps support: "For the time being JFS supports Assignee field, Time Tracking fields and all types of custom fields. No other fields are supported."

Suggest an answer