How to align timezones

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2017

Hi 

We are on bamboo 6.0.

My bamboo server is based in Europe (GMT+2) while my Source control server is based in Pacific timezone (GMT-7). I am in UK (GMT+1).

I have configured that every time i perform a commit to a changelist it triggers a automatic build on bamboo.

When i submit a changelist on perforce , i see that build result summary tells me that my build started in future . While the code commits section tells me that i submitted the change 9 hours ago (because my Perforce is based in GMT-7). 

What can i do to fix this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2017

Java applications like JIRA and Bamboo take their system timezones from the host operating system.   So one way to fix this would be to change the operating systems to all use the same timezone.

Alternative to this would be to the KB article: Setting the timezone for the Java environment.

This KB explains that you can leave the OS timeozne as is, but instead by adding this JVM startup argument to the application startup settings, it will set the timezone for just the application.  Either way, you should be able to set all instance to use the same timezone as a means to prevent this problem.

Suggest an answer