How to align timezones

Hi 

We are on bamboo 6.0.

My bamboo server is based in Europe (GMT+2) while my Source control server is based in Pacific timezone (GMT-7). I am in UK (GMT+1).

I have configured that every time i perform a commit to a changelist it triggers a automatic build on bamboo.

When i submit a changelist on perforce , i see that build result summary tells me that my build started in future . While the code commits section tells me that i submitted the change 9 hours ago (because my Perforce is based in GMT-7). 

What can i do to fix this problem?

1 answer

0 vote

Java applications like JIRA and Bamboo take their system timezones from the host operating system.   So one way to fix this would be to change the operating systems to all use the same timezone.

Alternative to this would be to the KB article: Setting the timezone for the Java environment.

This KB explains that you can leave the OS timeozne as is, but instead by adding this JVM startup argument to the application startup settings, it will set the timezone for just the application.  Either way, you should be able to set all instance to use the same timezone as a means to prevent this problem.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jun 14, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

How the Telegram Integration for Jira helps Sergey's team take their support efficiency to the bank

...+ reading Fantasy). The same is true for him at the bank he works for: Efficiency is key when time literally equals money. Read on to learn how Sergey makes most of the time he has by...

496 views 2 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you