How to align timezones

Hi 

We are on bamboo 6.0.

My bamboo server is based in Europe (GMT+2) while my Source control server is based in Pacific timezone (GMT-7). I am in UK (GMT+1).

I have configured that every time i perform a commit to a changelist it triggers a automatic build on bamboo.

When i submit a changelist on perforce , i see that build result summary tells me that my build started in future . While the code commits section tells me that i submitted the change 9 hours ago (because my Perforce is based in GMT-7). 

What can i do to fix this problem?

1 answer

0 votes

Java applications like JIRA and Bamboo take their system timezones from the host operating system.   So one way to fix this would be to change the operating systems to all use the same timezone.

Alternative to this would be to the KB article: Setting the timezone for the Java environment.

This KB explains that you can leave the OS timeozne as is, but instead by adding this JVM startup argument to the application startup settings, it will set the timezone for just the application.  Either way, you should be able to set all instance to use the same timezone as a means to prevent this problem.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,139 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot