How to add versions to projects from build process? (not Bamboo)

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2013

I found this great link, https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AUG/Jira+Versioning+Process+using+Nested+Versions , that shows a good example of how we want to use the versioning in Jira but what I could not find anywhere was how to add versions to projects from outside Jira.

Could someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

While the Jira Command Line tool would work it isn't free and I cannot justify purchasing something to do such a simple task as this.

So finally I found this:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/141841/create-project-version-url

Which helps if you're in Windows environment, which we are, as it uses Powershell.

Thanks,

Jon

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

JIRA Command Line Interface has the addVersion action or you can use the remote apis directly.

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Bob,

thanks for the info and while I do appreciate your efforts I am very disappointed that Jira does not at the very least document a method for inserting versions even in their Rest API docs. Such a simple highly used task should not cost me more money to accomplish and they should have it documented it can't be that complicated of a task. Very sad.

I will look further at your suggestion but I could not find pricing anywhere for it, what is the cost or can you direct me to the correct link? I tried via the link you gave as well as the marketplace links but I could not find the pricing anywhere.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 19, 2013

Disregard. Finally found the pricing. Suggest you make it a bit easier to get like having the Pricing link actually go to the price list. I didn't find it until I dug down and clicked on the Project Summary link.

Thanks,

Jon

Suggest an answer