How to add versions into Affects Version(s) field of an Issue?

ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

Hello, Everybody

This is Yan from Japan.

I want to add versions into Affects Version(s) field of an Issue? But it can't work.

My flow is as this:

1)Create an Issue from a project page.

2)there will be three tabs on the Create Issue page.

3)in the tab(Corresponse?), we can find the Affects Version(s) field. but we can't do anything on it.

while we can change the field of Fix Version(s).

Does any body can help me with this problem?

Thank you in advance.

5 answers

0 votes
Pritam October 29, 2015

I want to change the default existing advanced search criteria for Issue. Now when I click my issue link my advanced search shows as  fixVersion = 2.1.00.20.00 AND project = XYZ but I want to search as  affectedversion = 2.1.00.20.00 AND project = XYZ as default search.

Please let me know how to do.

PS: I don’t want to set as favourite search.

0 votes
ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

by seeing screen shot, it seems that you are using custom field with name affect versions not using affect version system field.

add the "Affects Version/s" to create screen and check!!

you can check that bu

1. go to administartion page

2. Issues ---> Fields --->custom fields

3. search for that field

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

what i am saying is you are not using system Affects Version/s field on create issue screen!!

you are using custom field with name something like affect versiosn(i am not sure this because name of the field showing in screen shot is in some other language)

my suggestion is, remove existing field on create screen and add "Affects Version/s" field to create screen

0 votes
ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

I can't select it, input anything to it. Although i've added over 20 versions to project. The Fix Version(s) can select all the versions. Why the JIRA developers don't use the same program as Fix Version(s)?

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

did you added versions to project?

check this doc to know more about manageing project versions

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Versions

ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

Yes, I've added versions to project already.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

can you share the screen shot of that tab?

ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

Rambanam, Thank you for you reply very much,

I can't modify the Affects Version(s) field on the issue.

If I didn't added versions to project, I can't select items in Fix Version(s) field.

ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

I uploaded a screen shot of problem. please check it. Thanks.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

by seeing screen shot, it seems that you are using custom field with name affect versions not using affect version system field.

add the "Affects Version/s" to create screen and check!!

you can check that bu

1. go to administartion page

2. Issues ---> Fields --->custom fields

3. search for that field

Like vlad_puhach likes this
ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

Although I used the "All Fields" mode, the Affects Version/s works nothing.

Please confirm it again.

ヤン 炳 October 20, 2013

Thank you very much, it worked as you said.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 20, 2013

Don't forgot accept as a answer if any answer helped!!

if any comments helped then you can like them!

it will help to other users to choose right answers and it will close!!

Suggest an answer