How to add the help in the custom field in jira

Manu Mishra December 8, 2016

I have a requirement where i have to add the help (?) icon right next to custom field in create screen. When someone click on the help icon, it should display the information about the custom field, the way it shows in the issue type field.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2016

Into admin panel/issues/custom field  find your filed and fill description section

Manu Mishra December 8, 2016

When i am doing it it is showing below. Means the information is showing below the custom field. I want the information should be displayed in right. e.g..

<custom field>__________<Help Content>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2016

Most fields don't support the ? - that's for the more complex help people may need with system fields that do clever things.  You need to put your help in the simple description field as Vasiliy says.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 9, 2016

So, you could try some html into a description. It could by some html element with description into title attribute.

Manu Mishra December 9, 2016

Could you provide me the same of html element?

Even if i am putting the help in the description field, the help is showing below the custom field. My requirement is to show the help in the right side.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2016

Yes, that's what we said.  That's where the help goes for most fields.

You need code to do it differently - a new way to draw up the fields and some way to enter and store the text you want.

Thanks

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2016

You could start with label html element

Suggest an answer