How to add the column "project key" to the Issue Navigator

Juan Gabriel Mejia April 23, 2015

I need to list the "project key" for each issue in the Issue Navigator. I know how to filter Issues by "project" (project key, project name or project id), but how can I add the column field "project key" to the Issue Navigator Issue list?

I need to export a complete list of Issues (for all projects) and after downloading the info–to my computer--filter the issues by "project key"; so I need to add "project key" to the Issue list before exporting the info.

Is it possible in JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2015

Unfortunately, I'm not sure there is a perfect solution to what you are looking for. There are however a couple of workarounds depending on how your process works. 

If you go to search for issues, there will be a box in the upper right hand corner that will allow you to change from "detail view" to "list view". If you change to the list view,  immediately below the box you just changed, there should be a dropdown list for "columns". On there, you can change different columns that will be displayed. 

From there, you will have two options: Either add the "key" column, or the "project" column. Though the issue key  is for the issue itself, the first part of the issue key will always be the project key.  Adding the project column will give you the full project name, but you could filter on that instead. 

Once you have added these, you can do an export. 

Hope this helps! 

Kian

0 votes
Juan Gabriel Mejia April 23, 2015

> The first part of the issue key will always be the project key.

The "key" is that in the issue key is contained the key project. Although the format of the issue key can be different  in each server installation, however this format is rarely changed, and so, it is feasible to extract the project key from the issue key.

Thanks

Suggest an answer