How to add the URL's from the Issue Tab panel to the Text Custom field Type dynamically?

arunk December 20, 2017

The links are either the create page link or the created page link from the confluence. I wanted to display these links on the Issue Navigator for all the issues.

I tried to set the custom field from the getActions Method of Issue Tab Panel like below. But it didn't get reflect on the view of the Custom field. I guess the custom fields values can be set only during the issue update or any event occurs or using workflow,post functions, listeners. etc.

Is there any other way to do this for adding the search functionality in issue navigator?

CustomField customFieldName = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Confluence Page Links");        
          MutableIssue muttableIssue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(issue.getId());
  muttableIssue.setCustomFieldValue(customFieldName, "URL");

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

How does your Jira instance display this "Confluence Page Link" tab in the issue detail view?  This isn't native code to Jira itself to the best of my knowledge.  Is this generated by a plugin to Jira?  Or are you creating a custom plugin to display this?

arunk December 21, 2017
  • I have used a custom plugin to display the links

Suggest an answer