How to add the System field Resolution to the Update screen during a Move Issue action?

Melanie Rogers May 21, 2013

When moving an Open issue to a different issue type and selecting the Closed status, I am not prompted to select the Resolution. Only custom fields appear on the screen. The moved issue status is Closed yet Resolution is Unresolved.

2 answers

0 votes
Jo Rhett May 21, 2013

Melanie, as Resolution visibility can be controlled by Conditions, and Resolution post functions act on it based on information not provided in the Move screen, I am fairly sure this is not possible at this time.

Further, screens like Resolve Issue are controlled by details like project and status, which could be changing during the move operation. Which screen should be used in that situation?

I am not trying to be rude in any form when I say that this probably isn't the right way to achieve your goal.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

You need to add the Resolution field to the right Transition View screen.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Usingascreenwithatransition

Melanie Rogers May 21, 2013

I aware of adding the screen during a Transition. My question relates to the Move Issue action and the update screen associated with it.

Suggest an answer