How to add tasks contained in closed sprints to a version ?

Florent RIFAI December 28, 2016

Hello all,

We created a version 1.0 of or software, but too late, after 2 sprints. 

I'd like to add the tasks that are in those two closed sprints to the version 1.0 but I can't figure out how to, as we can only move tasks from the backlog or the current sprint.

Thank you very much for your answer s:)

Florent

2 answers

0 votes
Florent RIFAI December 28, 2016

I'm sorry, I don't really understand :/;

Here is what I'm trying to do, with a screenshot.

As you can see here in the Version panel, I have 57 tasks in the version 1.0, but I need to add tasks from the previous sprints in that version 1.0.

I tried setting the fixVersion to 1.0 but it doesn't do the trick.

image2016-12-29 9:47:11.png

Is that possible ?

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2016

Have you tried querying for the issues you want added to the version from the previous sprint and using the bulk edit feature?

Query: sprint = YOUR_CLOSED_SPRINT

Select all, Bulk Edit -> Add to Version

image2016-12-29 8:41:28.png

If your tasks are marked as complete, they will not show up in the backlog listing, even if added to the version.  To get a list of all tasks in your version, click the releases icon (boat icon in your screenshot on the left edge)

Florent RIFAI December 29, 2016

Oh, I was wrong all along. I confused fixVersion with affectedVersion.

Now everything is fine, thanks ! 

I should check what's the difference between those two fields. Sorry laugh

0 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2016

If you're referring to version as the fixVersion field then you can change that so long as the version isnt archived.  If it's archived, just change to unreleased, then change it back after adding the task to it.

If you're referring to the Sprint field, then you can set it using the bulk edit feature i believe.  Highlight it in the backlog then do a bulk edit and set the Sprint value to the sprint ID #.

Suggest an answer