How to add request participant that is not as customer for given project

Jan Prokeš
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

Hi there,

I have customer that needs to add participants to issue no matter in what project is the customer in customer role.

Example:

SD project Global Support with customer X in Service Desk Customers role

SD project Local Support with customer Y in Service Desk Customers role

User X creates issue in project Global support and needs to add user Y as a participant, how (if) you can set this up?

I have created new project role Service Desk Participants, I have added user Y to that role and I have added browse project permission to that role. In permission helper I can see all icons green - user can access project, can view issue, it simply does not allow to add that user as participant.

Only way is to add user to Service Desk Customers role, but that is not what we need, the user Y should be not able to raise a ticket in that service desk project.

Is there anybody who has solved that need or it's not even possible?

Thank you.

Jan

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

Man, I used to eat this kind of project setup for breakfast! I love configuring JIRA projects with this kind of requirements smile

Suggest an answer