How to add "Export As Excel" option to an user?

Piyush Salunkhe January 15, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2016

You don't, they automatically have it.

Piyush Salunkhe January 17, 2016

It is not working for me.

Could you please help me in this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2016

Ok, so what happens when you run a filter and click "download as excel"?

Piyush Salunkhe January 19, 2016

After searching JIRA items using Filter, I can see Excel (All Fields) and Excel (Current Fields) options under View. However, my teammate is not able to see this option.

Both of us don't have "Download as Excel" option.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2016

Excel (All fields) and Excel (Current fields) are the "download as excel" option.  What are you expecting here?

Those options are also available to all logged-in users.  If you don't have them, then you've customised code or installed an add-on to remove them.

Piyush Salunkhe January 20, 2016

Yeah... I am expecting same thing "Download as Excel" option for user.

I don't have rights to change the code.

Same question is asked by someone and she is also waiting for same thing.

It would be great if you solve this issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 20, 2016

I'm sorry, I can't solve it. 

First, I don't know what you want from "download as excel".  The issue navigator has two excel downloads already, so I don't understand if you mean those, or you're expecting a third "download as excel"?

Second, the two excel links are available to all logged-in users (I've not checked anonymous).  If they are missing, then you have custom code in your system that is removing them.  I can't help you with that, you need to find it and change or remove it.

Piyush Salunkhe January 28, 2016
  • I just want to export the filtered list of JIRA items in one Excel sheet.
  • I am not expecting third one. My friend don't see this option in his window.
  • Other people can see these options. 
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 29, 2016

Right, then you need to find the code that you have implemented that removes the links to the two standard links and remove it.

Could you maybe give us a screenshot of the area of the issue navigator that the various download options usually appear in.

Piyush Salunkhe February 1, 2016

It's not possible for me to provide screenshot here due to security compliances.

I will get back to you with more details.

Suggest an answer