How to add new field to the Field Configuration Scheme

Suresh Basina May 31, 2016

Hi All,

In my project, I have created new field configuration scheme and field configuration.

And I associated this field configuration scheme to one of the issue type in my project.

And everything works fine. I want to add a new field to the Field Configuration Scheme.

Could you please give me the solution, how to solve the above.

Thanks 

Suresh B

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

You need to create a custom field first. Admin->Issues->Custom Field.

It will appear in your field configuration. You can set it to mandatory / hidden.

Then add the field to the screens you want it to appear on.

Chris

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2016

All field configurations contain ALL fields available in JIRA and there's no concept of add/remove field from field configuration, so if you're not seeing the field then there's no such field.

Also the fields are configured through the Field Configuration and not through the Field Configuration Scheme

Suggest an answer