How to add more fields to a child issue in Jira

prakashmurugesan January 30, 2018

Is it possible to add more custom fileds to a child issue create from a parent issue in jira

issue link.jpg

in the above screenshot i can see values of Issue ID  Summary Field Value Priority Status

respectively.

i want to add few more custom fields in the child issue.  any suggestions?

2 answers

0 votes
Armando Gomez August 21, 2018

It is an strange answer asking more, you should answer how can we "add more custom fileds to a child issue create from a parent issue in jira" as in the text and if this solution also apply to linked issues as in the attached image.

Why? You just answer with a question to clarify but you didnt keep a track and answer in the next confirmation, since January :S

THE ANSWER IS YOU CANT!

You might also read the next topic https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Add-fields-to-Jira-Child-Issues-list-not-sub-tasks/qaq-p/820727

prakashmurugesan August 21, 2018

@Armando Gomez  thanks for your reply. i found the add on issue matrix plugin for implementing this functionality . but have not tried this functionality since this was least priority at this moment.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2018

Hi,

These are linked issues, not the child issue (sub tasks).  Please let us know, you want to set columns for linked issues or child issue(sub tasks).

prakashmurugesan January 30, 2018

Hi Sreeni,

i wanted to add/set columns for linked issues.

any suggestions?

Suggest an answer