How to add email notification for the log work is not null?

Cloud August 9, 2017

I have tried to set email notification for judge if log work is not null?

if the condition is true then mail to current asignee,reporter and watcher to alert they should log work for the issue.

if it possible to add custom event(judge field or event is null?) then send e-mail?
Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Cloud August 10, 2017

I have already tried #2 ,but the questions is use filter only can notify certain group not issue related group,is it possible to notify only issue related asignee,reporter and watcher ?

Thanks for your great support.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2017

Unfortunately, not that I can think of. Notifications for issues are sent out when events are fired (i.e. when something happens to the issue, like an updated field, new issue created, new comments, work logged, etc.).

I haven't tried this, but you might be able to create a filter that is specified to the current user, then only those people would get updates if they are subscribed to a filter. Basically, create a filter using this query:

timespent = 0 AND assignee = currentUser()

Then, create a group subscription to this filter with a group that contains all of the possible assignees. I think this will cause each user to get a tailored subscription to see only their issues, but I haven't tested and can't confirm.

NOTE: you can change "assignee" in the query to be "reporter" or "watcher" if you want separate queries for those, too.

mrPsycho April 1, 2019

is there any way to get filter work, which will show not 0 time, but not updated time in current day? 

it would be cool to create that link, and at the end of the day see all tickets, which are assigned, but with no updates with time. 

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2019

@mrPsycho this might be a start to get you what you need:

worklogDate < startOfDay() and resolution = Unresolved

Basically, this will show you anything that is unresolved and only has worklogs before today.

mrPsycho April 2, 2019

no... doesn't work( 

says "An unknown error occurred while trying to perform a search." after i'm trying to add worklogDate < startOfDay()

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2017

Are you wanting:

1. to be notified each time a user creates a new work log?
  2. to see a set of issues which have no logged work on them?

If #1, there's an event in the notification scheme configuration called "Work Logged On Issue." Just set Current Assignee, Reporter, and Watcher as who should be notified if this event happens.

If #2, you can create a filter to show you issues which have no work logged to them using this query, then you can subscribe to this filter to receive emails about which issues are in this filter or put it on a dashboard to view the issues that way instead. You can add additional parameters to this search, but you at least need this:

timespent = 0

Suggest an answer