• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • How to add dynamic field for when customer clicks on view the full request from email notification for requesr action needed to send the input other than comment, to support team

How to add dynamic field for when customer clicks on view the full request from email notification for requesr action needed to send the input other than comment, to support team

vasantha June 24, 2015

3 answers

0 votes
vasantha June 25, 2015

Request_action_needed.png

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2015

I'm sorry, the question is unclear to me.  

What's a "dynamic field" - do you just mean "field"?  "When customer clicks on view the full request" - I assume they've had an email notification and clicked the link to the issue?  After that - "requestor action needed to ...." is nonsense, can't begin to guess what you're asking about there.

Your comment seems related and useful, but makes me think you are using Service Desk, not just JIRA.  Is that the case?  (Where service desk exists to simplify the user experience so they don't have to fill in extra fields?)

vasantha June 25, 2015

I have attached the screen that i wanted in red text , i think the question will be clear now with this pic.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 25, 2015

Yes, it does, thanks. You are using Service Desk. That's pretty much the point of SD too - it's a *simple* flow between user and helpdesk agent. If you want the customers to give you more, you need to make them JIRA users. (Although you can, and should, customise their "create" screens so you get all the information up-front)

vasantha June 25, 2015

I would want it in after creating the issue as I attached below after the comment , how could i do it .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2015

You'd need to rewrite part of Service Desk.

vasantha July 6, 2015

where was this add a comment and add attachment (showed in attached pic) configured to sync it with the SD database.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 6, 2015

I have no idea what that means, sorry.

0 votes
vasantha June 24, 2015

Right now I can see customer can add comment or add attachment only, i want extra fields along with this one

Suggest an answer