How to add columns in linked issues in view issue screen?

Hi,

is there a way to modify the fields of linked issues, that are visible in the view issue screen?

I had a look in the jpm.xml but can not find something relative.

Thanks,

Kostas

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Kostas

I believe that you're looking for an option to change the field related to an issue where all the link status are record. Am I right?

In this case, since this is hard coded structure, seems to me that we don't have this option available.

Anyway, please let us know what you're really trying to do. For further assistance, maybe you should raise a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Paulo Renato

Hi Paulo,

thanks for the help.

I'm attaching a image (part of the view issue screen) to make things more clear

In the Issue Links table at the moment there the following fields (linktype, issuetype, summary, priority, resolution)

I would like to add some more issue fields like (duedate, assignee).

For subtasks is possible to customize the columns that appear in parent issue. Is that possible for linked issues?

Cheers,

Kostas

That's not possible for links. As Paulo suggested, it is hard coded at the moment. You might want to look at modifying the bundled plugin!

Is this still not possible for links? It would be helpful to be able to add fields to linked JIRA issues in the View Issue Screen in the Issue Links section of the issue!

Thank you,

Joe

This is an important feature. I am looking for a solution, but I am hitting dead-end. My requirement is to extend the 'Link Pane' with fields/custom-fields such as fixVersion, components etc.

It's still hard-coded, as Jobin says.  You'll need to adjust the core code.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your reply. Can you please refer me to this file where I can make changes? 

Can we have use of Behaviour Script to do this? 

I don't think you can do it with Behaviours.  The files you'll need to alter are buried in the link add-on (it's a system add-on)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,739 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot